Some downright bone-chilling weather is affecting the Mid-Shore this week! Thanks a lot, Polar Vortex! Stay safe and be smart-here are some tips!
- For your own safety, dress in layers and bundle up! With temps around zero, avoid any prolonged exposure of your skin to the outdoors! The colder it gets, the easier frostbite and hypothermia can set in!
- In the house, prevent your water pipes from freezing by keeping a trickle of water going. Moving water freezes slower than still water.
- If you’re using a space heater, keep it several feet from furniture, curtains, etc. to avoid fire.
- Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees to conserve fuel, just in case the forecast changes and the extreme cold lasts longer than expected.
- Don’t store your iphone or ipad at temperatures below -4, and don’t operate them in conditions below 32 degrees.
- Fill your car’s fuel tank more than halfway to prevent fuel lines from freezing
- Keep listening to 94.3 and 96.7 (and check this site) for any cancellations or delays, so you can avoid unnecessary travel!